Friday, March 20, 2009

Friday Meditation for 20 March 2009

Finally back and getting caught up here on my end. I hope this was a good week for everyone. Let's check out a few more Google Trends graphs and ponder them over the weekend while hoping that the recent fender bender between U.S. ships in the Straits of Hormuz doesn't portend anything uglier over in that part of the globe.

No shocker here - this is the Google Trends report on "unemployment benefits." I fear this will get uglier.

Here is the graph for "jail." Another trend going in a direction no one wants to see.

And here is one trend I did not expect. This is for the search term "self-defense."

Not sure what it all means, but something to ponder.

Have a great weekend and I hope to have a reasonably long posting up next week on other historical instances of manias or mood and what they might say to us today.

No comments: