Sunday, September 21, 2008

This is Only the Beginning

I got this link from a friend of mine who votes Democratic a lot. I won't repost the profane parts here - click over and get a full blast:

...I also find myself drawn to provisions that would serve no useful purpose except to insult the industry, like requiring the CEOs, CFOs and the chair of the board of any entity that sells mortgage related securities to the Treasury Department to certify that they have completed an approved course in credit counseling. That is now required of consumers filing bankruptcy to make sure they feel properly humiliated for being head over heels in debt, although most lost control of their finances because of a serious illness in the family. That would just be petty and childish, and completely in character for me...

It's up over at Calcuated Risk as well. If it is "real" and not agit-prop, then the socionomically predicted anger may actually be swelling from unfocused irritation to a "heads will roll" focused hate. Show trials and witch hunts to follow and the financial elites will have built the bonfire for their own immolation.

Comments From Digg and the Blog Post

"Finally, someone is pissed instead of cowed. "

"More like this, please..."

"... I wanna have his/her baby...."

"...There's a Class War raging in this country, and it was the rich few percent that declared war on the rest of us. Now it's time to let them know that they're in a war. Not only did they declare war on us, but they expect us to fight the war against ourselves..."

Caveat Emptor

The usual caveats. I don't endorse violence against CEOs of corrupt institutions, nor do I condonce violence against Treasury Secretaries who presume to request laws that exempt any decisions he makes with $700 billion in taxpayer money from ANY oversight. Not at all.

Frankly, I think this is probably agit-prop. The Democratic brand of politics has been the prison bitch of politics for so long, I can't imagine they have anyone with the cajones left to really stand up to the finance elites, even via email - especially when most of them have been on the receiving end of massive bribes, pardon me, donations from the Fannie Maes and Freddie Macs of the world along with their Republican colleagues. I certainly don't regard them as more competent than the Republican brand that has been marketed to us over the last 8 years, so don't take this post as partisan support of either brand.

I really try to steer away from commenting on U.S. politics as I think the massive problems about to wash over this great country will transcend petty party politics and to discuss how we should rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic seems pointless to me, but others find it enjoyable and who am I to piss on their parade?

I'm posting this solely for the sheer pure socionomic signal it gives off. Anger is rising. This credit crisis will be the largest economic collapse in 1500 years. The storm of rage is just now brewing. I suggest you re-read the two volume set that lays out socionomics. It is proving itself to be a very viable and valuable model.

No comments: