Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A DIY World

Check out this wave of posts by John Robb over at Globalguerrillas. He lays out a framework of how the action space we will all operate in might evolve in the coming years:

When reading the articles, think also of how you might leverage such systems for development of DIY systems for producing or working with local goods, especially localized ag products and leveraging scrap or "waste" products. Lot's of room to the upside for quick thinkers in a world where I believe the authority of various levels of governance will be declining at the street level and where things we take for granted like stable electricity supplies, easy access to credit, cheap food and transport fuels will all become much more volatile in both price and availability.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your blog, but like many other blogspot blogs that require ID, your blog doesn't make it easy to sign in with OpenID.

So I'm going to first post a comment saying, "hooray for futurejacked" anonymously, and then maybe I'll try to sign in and see if I can sign in before I get bored with error messages.

judasnoose said...

I like DIY stuff.

judasnoose said...

Okay, this time it worked, and I only had to read one error message. I'm darned if I can discern a pattern in blogger's mercurial, ever-changing notion of whether I'm logged in or not.

Flagg707 said...

Hmmmm. I'll check with the blogger helpdesk solutions and hopefully I can make it less of a pain in the butt.