Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Incompetence

I strongly urge you to print off and read the following journal article. As the economic and military crises continue to unfold, the media and the citizens of the U.S. will be looking to their "leaders." I fear we may find them wanting...

Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments

Of course, after reading it, I now am walking around in a fog of doubt... Do I really have my act together, or am I totally clueless? I guess time will tell.

3 comments:

Harleydog said...

Imagine what its like on Wall Street and hedge fund central, could keep a room full of clinical psychologist busy for some time.

great link, thx

Flagg707 said...

You ain't kidding. There's another aspect that I haven't posted on yet because I can't find hard sourcing and that is on prescription drug use among financial professionals. I wonder how many Xanax zombies are out there, half-stoned staring their screens or their spreadsheets, but unable to put the big picture together in a coherent fashion.

My, my, my what an interesting time we are going to have between now and Christmas.

Harleydog said...

Just fininshed reading book entitled "Your Drug may be your Problem" by Breggin and Cohen. Not many sober ones left, just zombies. the 2 authors may have some research on just what you are looking for.

Cheers